Kitchen & Laundry
Considering a bathroom refresh? Things to consider before you start:
1. Budget - always try and get a general idea of what you are prepared to spend.
2. Hidden problems - check for any hidden costs, age, condition of the building especially plumbing and electrical.
3. Design style and functionality - very crucial to work out exactly what you'd like and adjusting this to work better if required.
4. Measurements or size of the area to work with - can have a huge bearing on what you can or cant put into the bathroom.
5. Plumbing fixtures and features - this could be wall hung pan, diverter mixer with overhead shower or whatever suits the situation best.
6. Cabinets, storage and shelving - very important as its the least thought about aspect in the bathroom and requires good design.
7. Walls and flooring - tiling, painting, underfloor heating will depend on budget.
8. Lighting - Type, size, positioning.
9. Accessories - crucial for towels, soap dish, soap dispenser. Again, positioning is key.
10. Ventilation - Good ventilation is vital to a healthy bathroom, extraction light/fan, secure open window etc.
11. Heating - Heating is crucial as it helps to lower the steam level in the bathroom. Under floor heating, heated towel rail and wall heaters are excellent options.
12. Time/Deposit/Alternative shower - Indication of start to finish time, deposit arrangements and setting up of a temporary shower if required.
For more bathroom inspiration, take a look at our Pinterest!
All inspiration via our Pinterest / Article source: Unknown